Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The sound of a normal life

San Francisco, the 27th of May 2009

Weeks pass by too fast. I keep saying that all the time. I've been working with the video project and it's going good but still have a lot to do before it's done.

I've started to live a night life. We always stay up till late at night having kitchen parties with french toasts, crepes and all other treats. Quite often we have movie nights at the basement of next door. We have a big screen there and couches. So it is a good place for movies. I tend to fall asleep sometimes but it's fine. And it's a fun thing to make jokes about.

On Thursday I got to spend a while with my American Finnish friends Saara and Sami and Sami's brother Miika. They stayed a night before heading down to Los Angeles. Originally i was suppose to go with them but then I started to run out of money and time too. So I decided to stay in San Fran which was fine cause I love it here and want to enjoy the company of my friends as much as possible before heading back to Finland.

We had a lot of people coming in on Friday to do Hot Chocolate evangelism. Christina asked me if I could take one of the teams out to do Hot Chocolate. That is what we call it when we do the ministry, "to go out to do Hot Chocolate". So it was nice to get to share God's love by giving hot chocolate and coffee to people on the streets.

After Hot Chocolate Myk, Rachel, Casey and me headed to Hilton hotels rooftop pool and hot tub. It was exciting and so relaxing. it was nice to be in warm water especially cause it was a bit chilly outside. When we were done with swimming and bathing we headed to Lori's diner to play cards and eat some good food. And yeah, we had Oreo milkshake too.

On saturday I headed to Fremont with the family of Ancheta's. Myk and Rachel had a band rehearsal on Saturday and they asked me to join them and so I did. I got to sing at their worship band which was to lead worship at the Sunday service the next day. It was funny how normal I cold be there. I usually tend to be nerves about that kinds of things but maybe years exercise has finally done a difference in me. the time in Fremont was good. It was so nice to spend a relaxing weekend out of the big city. And the family was so nice. They were so generous and hospitable at all times. It is such a blessing for me to have them in my life.

Rachel in Fremont.
If you look closely, you can see a lemon
tree behind the car. I was so excited about it!

We had a day off on Monday this week because of the Memorial day. In the morning I wanted to sleep in cause I haven't done that enough lately. It felt so good. In the afternoon I headed to the Haights with Rachel. The haights is a part of the city where the biggest hippy communities live. It was nice but still in some ways feels a bit strange to me. But i got to buy some cheap strawberries and raspberries there. And the best part was when we headed to a huge record store named Amoeba. I bought a new Mewithoutyou cd and Copeland's newest album.

The Amoeba

Cable wires at Haights

Later on me and Rachel headed to do some grocery shopping and made dinner. Wow, doesn't my life sound like a pretty normal life here?

I got a good laugh one day when this one homeless man came up to me while I was working in the office. He wanted to know if I did karate cause my body was kicking. I was laughing so bad. That was probably the cheesiest pick up line ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment